loves everything pumpkin.
Tis the season to make all your meals, snacks, and desserts include…
Or at least that’s just how I roll ;-). Here’s a simple and yummy cookie recipe perfect for fall to get ya’ll started!
- 1 Flax ‘egg’ (2 T ground flaxseed + 2 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole grain spelt flour (or other flours will work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 small banana, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix flax or chia egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder, walnuts, sea salt, and cinnamon) in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients (agave nectar, vanilla extract, banana, and canned pumpkin) in a small to medium sized bowl and then add flax egg. Stir.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir well and shape cookies onto a baking pan (I sprayed mine with coconut oil). Make them big, small, however you please! I made mine small and thick resulting in about 15 cookies.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes at 375F. Enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by: Oh She Glows.
So besides eating pumpkin… I also wear it so I can smell like one :-P. Standing in line at Trader Joe’s the other day I spied this whipped goodness…
5 seconds later and it was in my basket :-D.
Made with Coconut oil, Shea Butter, & Pumpkin Seed oil, this stuff smells soooooooooo delicious. The only negative comment I’ll make is that its consistency is SUPER THICK/gooey so when I put it on I kinda feel like I’m smearing myself with a glue stick. The knockout scent makes up for it though. Go buy some and start spreading the pumpkin love!
Happy fall ya’ll! ❤