What’s your favorite dessert?
I thought so. 🙂
Raw & Grain-Free
The key to many of the sweet treats I make is to choose wholesome ingredients and leave out the JUNK. Many raw desserts offer that. Raw diets, if you don’t already know, include uncooked, unprocessed, and often organic or wild foods. These tasty “fudgies” are not only raw but grain-free. They are fudgey (not cakey like your typical brownie hence the name) and healthy.
- 1 cup pecans
- 10 Medjool dates, room temp
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ t salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp cocoa
- pinch of salt
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- Process the pecans in a food processor until they resemble a meal. If you blend for too long you’ll get pecan butter!
- Remove the meal and put the dates in the processor. Process the dates until they are paste-like.
- Add the pecan meal back in along with the cocoa powder, salt, and water. Process until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 7 x 5 inch dish and put it in the fridge while you prepare the fudge layer.
- For the fudge, process all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the fudge on top of the brownie layer, and refrigerate until set.
- Cut and devour!!!
Kidddddinggggg. 😉 Enjoy these in moderation and be sure to share with friends or family!
Goofin in the kitchen! 😛
Check out my chocolate stache: