is JUICED out.
My older sister’s best friend from high school, Vicki, is a journalist for the Naples Daily News. She happens to know how nutty I am for nutrition and was sweet enough to invite me along to sample/review a new fresh fruit and vegetable juice bar in downtown Naples called Delicious Raw. The newspaper wanted us to focus mainly on some of the veggie juices so we ordered about 6 different ones to share. Needless to say, I am JUICED OUT! Here’s a look at the menu:
Like I said, we mostly tried the veggie juices [the Rawsome being my favorite] so I look forward to returning and trying some of their smoothies! Go visit Naples friends!
Btw, here’s some benefits of juicing:
- Detoxes the body
- Allows for consumption of a wider variety of vegetables (hate kale? add it to a juice and you probably won’t notice!)
- Strengthens the immune system
- Increases mental alertness
- Can facilitate weight loss
- Improves digestion
- Increases energy
- May help with allergies
- Unlocks all nutrients of raw food allowing for better absorption
- Decreases body odor
- Uplifts mood
- Supports the liver
- Helps with sleep issues
- Helps with hormone issues
and dozens of other good things!
A side note, however, that I’d like to mention is that…
Raw juices are NOT a complete food.
They are typically very low in protein and have next to no fat! Therefore, I advise you to consume them in addition to your regular meals whether it is alongside or as a snack.
Happy juicing ya’ll 🙂